Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Loose Ends


For the most part, I dislike FAQs. They’re generally filled with pointless information such as meticulous lists of the author’s favorite foods, as if anyone cares other than family and friends. However, the difference between the average everyday FAQ and this one is that people actually asked me this stuff. Since today is the last day of 2008, I think it's a good time to tie up loose ends. So, here you go.


1. Why do you write anonymously? I’ll never take anything you say seriously unless you’re willing to put your full name on it.

For all you know, everyone writes anonymously, but you just believe them when they sign their posts ‘Sarah Goodbody.’

For me, the ideas presented are what is important. I couldn't care less what the name is. Besides, with cyber bullies and stalkers prowling the Internet, it's just plain dumb to blog under your real full name.

Artists and authors have been using pen names and pseudonyms for generations now. Baiters like Thomas Tarquin Churchwell should stop acting like this is some odd phenomenon.


Mark Twain. Richard Bachman. Meatloaf. Prince. Madonna. Lemony Snicket. J.K Rowling. Fiona Apple. Nicolas Bourbaki. George Eliot. Irving Berlin. Bono. Cher. Elvis Costello. Mick Jagger. Rudyard Kipling. Spike Lee. Jerry Lewis. George Orwell. Lewis Carroll. Sting.

All these names are either partially accurate or completely fake.

Of course, the fact of the matter is that I have revealed my real first name in this blog's title. Anyone wanting more than that should show me that they can be trusted.

2. What was your motivation for starting this site?

Is there anyone who doesn't know why I started this site? I started it to set the record straight about the malicious lies that Thomas Tarquin Churchwell has been writing about me every day for more than two years.

3. For a long time you didn't allow comments on your site. Why?

Well, I think that’s pretty obvious, don’t you? Every time I allowed comments on my blog, I was bombarded with sick, unprintable anonymous comments written by Thomas Churchwell.

4. Have you become cynical about blogging?

No way!

One of the reasons I felt comfortable meeting other bloggers two years ago, was because I was under the assumption — and this theory required a leap of faith which required that I accept the innate goodness of man — that if an individual could tie words together and make a sentence that communicated a thought, it meant that he had adequate control over his mental faculties, that he was not crazy, or at least not dangerous, or at least medicated enough to be acceptable to society. I was so naive. Now I am wiser, but I still believe that most bloggers are nice people.

5. Do you think Thomas Churchwell will ever give up bullying?

I think that if he ever faces certain truths about himself, he might stop beating up women on the Internet.

Readers, I hope you will have much fun tonight! See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan said...

World Peace! You crack me up. Oh, and comment re:"The creatures are being held at bay." I thought he was referring to something he was selling on eBay. Har dee, har, har. Have a great New Year.

Jen said...

I remember him. He ragged on me for walking Scarlett's dog! No wonder she couldn't get away from him fast enough after 3 wks. He's crazy. Scarlett is not a thief, but he's jealous, nasty and low class. Yuck.

Why doesn't he pick on his mother on New Years Eve?